Sunday, February 10, 2008

Another Day Another Party

With a large extended family, there are many occasions for us to celebrate and, because of my ever-changing work schedule, I am happy when I get to attend these events. This time it was Eli's first birthday party at his Nana and Papa's house. Now the first thing you need to know about Eli's Nana, better known as Aunt Trish, to most of the rest of us (well Danny, his siblings, and all their significant others) is that Aunt Trish likes her house cold. It must be because she is so warm blooded because she has such a big heart. Knowing this I wore a T-Shirt under a sweatshirt thinking that would be enough. WRONG. Now the fact that I was freezing could have been because I was tired, who knows. I immediately sat on a couch and wrapped up in a blanket. Maybe when more people get here I'll get warmer.

So as I mentioned before we were all together for Eli's first birthday party. Danny and I had just started our diets again so we didn't want to eat anything. We managed to suffer through with me eating only some pretzels and fruit and both of us staying away from the meatball sandwiches as well as the cake and ice cream. Now after cake a one year old is usually a mess of cake and frosting mush from head to toe. Not our Eli, just some messy hands (who uses a fork to eat cake) and a little frosting cake mush on his face. Next it was time for presents, "What could be so exciting about presents for a one year old?", you ask. Let me tell you. I have never seen such vibrant colors and so many flashing lights with bells and whistles in my life. Why don't they make flashy things like that for adults? Oh yea, they do. Ours are just a lot more expensive. . . . Cars, boats, motorcycles, computers, Xbox 360s, and Wiis. Ah to be a kid again and to be impressed and excited by just flashing lights.






2 comments:

D.N.H. said...

I like your use of hotlinks in your posts.

Check the spelling in your blogroll. Taking mental detours is one thing, being mentally detoured is something else. :)

Anonymous said...

Just checked the Hamilton blogs out for the first time...we especially loved this post. Great pictures! Glad you were able to come to the ice box! :o)

BS & TS