Saturday, January 12, 2008

Here We Go Again

As some of you may know, in January of 2005 Danny and I embarked on a 2 year journey that took us through many changes both emotionally and physically. It was at that time we started Seattle Sutton's Healthy Eating plan. For two whole years (with occasional time off for good behavior) we stayed strictly to this program. First the 2000 Calorie meals for about the first 6 months and the remaining year and a half the 1200 Calorie meal plan. Danny reached his goal weight and I lost 100 pounds. In 2007 we decided to take a break because we realized we weren't doing a very good job of staying on the diet so we thought we would try to eat healthy on our own. That lasted for a while but then that too stopped. Danny found himself gaining most of his weight back and I gained about 15 pounds back. Neither one of us are very happy. So needless to say, we know what works. For probably the next 2 years (with time off again for good behavior) we are going to be on the Seattle Sutton plan once again. This time I will fight to reach my dream goal weight of 145 lbs, which the doctor actually thinks is a little under-weight for me but I have never been under-weight in my life so I want to see what it feels like if only for a little while. Of course, nothing that will be detrimental to my health. For just once in my life I want someone to say to me, "Gee, you look a little thin. Maybe you should gain a few pounds." Now that would be a totally new experience. I have no doubt Danny will reach his goal weight again. I just wish I could lose it as fast as he does. I wonder what it will be like to actually have my clothes be smaller than his for a change, and what will it be like to shop at regular stores and not plus-sized stores anymore.

So for those of you who know me personally I want to say "I'm sorry" up-front for how crabby I may possibly be for the next five weeks while my system gets used to this food all over again. Who wants to go shopping when my clothes get too big again?

Before:

355 lbs. September 2004



300 lbs. October 2005


Now:

262 lbs December 2007
228 lbs December 2007 (Danny)

After:

????

1 comment:

Some Call Me Mom said...

Lisa, I just want to say how proud I am of the progress both you and Danny have made with Seattle Sutton. It amazes me how well you both "stick with it". I don't think I could do it. I have too many weaknesses.

I think we are all willing to look past the "crabiness" while you adjust to your new eating habits. We can do this because we know we will enjoy the happier and HEALTHIER you when you start to experience the results. You really seem to enjoy yourself more now than you did before you both started Seattle Sutton a few years back. And regardless of how many pounds you lose, I think its great to see you feeling better and happier.

I'm glad to see Danny is back on the program too. I remember him talking about how much healthier he was when he was on Seattle Sutton. Maybe after you reach your goal, the two of you should become official spokespersons for the company?

Anyway, good luck, and more power to you!