Monday, January 28, 2008

Possible Job Change?

No way!

So I always wondered what it would be like to have a job doing what I really love. That, of course, would be photography and travel. My first thought was a photographer for National Geographic. Then reality hit me. I am way too critical of my own work. Then to require the approval of an editor who would critique anything I submitted, I don't think my fragile ego could handle it. So, my next thought was travel agent. I love to travel. I love to plan trips. Why couldn't I plan trips for other people? Here-in lies the problem. The trips would be for other people, not for me. I thought I would give it a try though when someone I know at work asked me if I had ever been to Disney World. Me? Been to Disney World? Heck, I lived in Florida for about 6 years. I told her I would be happy to look up a bunch of information to help her family plan their upcoming trip. So, to the Internet I went. I gathered all kinds of information from rooms and airfare to full Disney Vacation Packages. Besides becoming completely overwhelmed, this also caused me to have a serious desire to now travel back to Disney World myself. Two nights ago we were talking with some family friends about things to do in Hawaii, and now I want to go back there as well. So no, becoming a travel agent is not a good idea for me. I could never plan trips for other people and not want to go myself.

No comments: