Sunday, August 17, 2008

Eleven Days and Counting

So in eleven days we will be in the car on a family trip, probably of a lifetime.  That statement can be taken in many ways.  Trip of a lifetime because I have never really been on a road trip before ( that I can remember,anyway).  Then "trip of a lifetime" because when this is over I may never want to do this again.  Don't get me wrong.  I love Danny and Bandit a lot, but closed quarters for that long could just drive me nuts.  Hence the reason I insisted Danny get me a tent.  I refuse to Prius camp for 18,yes that's right, 18 days.  So now i get a four person tent all to myself and Danny and Bandit get to Prius camp.  The packing thing is out of control.  We gave up on the idea of sharing a duffle bag, but my bag seems to have a lot of misc. stuff in it along with my clothes.  I get all the toiletries and medicines.  I have the large map, Bandit's vet information about his shots.  Suntan lotions and handi-wipes, along with flashlights,extra batteries and matches.  Why doesn't Danny get to carry some of this?  After all, he is packing less clothes.  He should have more available space.  I have to take out a few of my t-shirts because I forgot to pack towels for our showers.  We'll see how all this stuff will fit in the car. 

No comments: