Thursday, July 17, 2008

Genius IQ or Common Sense,

Some of you may know that I have occationally mentioned that because Danny has a genius IQ, he sometimes seems to lack common sense.  This weekend on my way downtown (one of my favorite places...NOT) to meet a friend who was in town for work, I had a blowout after just getting onto 55 where there is no shoulder to pull unto.  I managed to get far enough over to not have the left side of my SUV smashed by cars coming behind me.  Now I have had this Kia for 5 years now and have never had any problems ( like a flat tire) before.  I wasn't exactly sure where my spare tire was but I figured somewhere in the back underneath the mat would be a good place to look, not like I knew how to change the tire even if I found the spare in the first place.  Did I mention that Danny was in the middle of a sailing race and didn't even know this was happening.  To make a really long story short I wound up getting my Kia towed to a dealer where I was very rudely informed that on my driver's side window there is a sticker with a phone number that I can call for FREE roadside assistence.  I guess you can say that even though I don't have a genius IQ, living with a person who does has sucked away some of my common sense.  Why did I never notice that little sticker with the phone number on it?  It would have saved me about $80.00 (the cost for a tow to the dealer)  and a couple of hours worth of wasted time.    

1 comment:

D.N.H. said...

We once came home to a dead car battery in the O'Hare remote parking lot. We called AAA, but they were kind enough to inform us that O'Hare offers free battery jump assistance in their parking lots. Normally that would have saved us a lot of time. Unfortunately the battery was faulty and even a jump didn't help so we ended up needing a tow anyway.